Associate District Sales ManagerApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01287898 Date posted 01/23/2019 City Woodside State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN74: SC NEW YORK CITY 33-75 55th St, Woodside, NY, 11377 USA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
ADM will be responsible to develop and grow our small to mid-market Kidde Fire channel with the Kidde ESD and Kidde FX product offering. Reporting and strategizing all sales activities to the Senior District Manager and Regional Director. This position will cover the New York City and Long Island.
Work to achieve revenue growth for the Kidde ESD & Kidde FX business within the assigned area of geographic responsibility. Owns all assigned customers in their geographic area. Has revenue responsibility for all channels/products assigned. Expected to support and execute on sales strategies to achieve revenue growth. Holds responsibility for understanding assigned market and reporting business dynamics (share, competition, top customers, top prospects, etc.) of geographic area.
- Support growth of existing customers
- Development of new Kidde ESD partners
- Development of new Kidde FX OTC partners
Has revenue responsibility for all customers who buy through OTC distribution and for all products sold through ESD distribution. Expected to execute sales activities and implement distribution programs and promos to achieve revenue growth.
- Work closely with Distribution team members to find new partners
- Attend trade shows as required with Regional Director approval.
- Distribution visits, counter days, NICET training, FX promotion.
- AIN support and customer development
- Rep firm support to create new potential partners
Support the technical needs of customers in their geographic area of responsibility aligned with their technical skills. Own the implementation of the training strategy within their area. Work closely with Technical Support to work through quality, training, and technical challenges. Work closely with field sales to support conversion efforts. Work closely with Senior District Manager and Regional Director to align support with priorities.
- System Builder Class - as needed for new channel partners and new employees.
- New product rollouts
OTHER KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Growth oriented. Able to recognize opportunity, develop a plan to translate it into revenue, and execute and win with the plan.
- Externally focus: Understands customer needs, market dynamics and competitive landscape
- Ability to influence and work cross-functionally in order to establish new processes that will achieve the desired commercial outcomes with your customers.
- Clear thinker; translating goals and plans into actions, self-starter and reliable with the aptitude to work autonomously.
- Excellent interpersonal and client relation skills. Ability to build and maintain relationships at the senior level.
- Curious and entrepreneurial mind with experience in designing and executing customer growth initiatives, promotions and implementing strategic sales plans.
- Strong teamwork skills and communication/presentation skills.
- Must have history of managing and growing sales revenues and a track record of leadership.
- 3 years of proven sales and customer service skills in the Fire Life Safety Industry preferred
- Must be willing to travel up to 65 % of the time
- Must convey sales competency excellence in the following areas:
- Commercial Excellence
- Customer Management
- Customer Relationships
- Product Knowledge
- Industry Expertise
- Personal Effectiveness
- Business Acumen
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More