Senior Procurement AssociateApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01266910 Date posted 01/04/2019 City Bradenton State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CABRA: Bradenton Florida 8985 Town Center Parkway, Bradenton, FL, 34202 USA
UTC Climate, Controls and Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls and Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Edwards and Kidde businesses are part of the Global Fire and Security Products group at UTC Climate, Controls and Security. They are dedicated to providing product and technology designed to protect people and property from the effects of fire and its related hazards. As a large manufacturer of fire safety products for the consumer and B to B markets, Edwards and Kidde meet the safety needs of homes and businesses by providing fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, mechanical locking systems, fire alarm control panels, and mass notification solutions.
The candidate must be located in Bradenton/Sarasota, FL area and be willing to travel to Lincolnton, NC for onboarding and as needed over the next 12 months.
The Sr. Procurement Associate is responsible for managing externally sourced finished goods for inventory optimization, customer order fulfillment and cost reductions. This role also coordinates demand planning between the Product Managers and DC Inventory Planner and addresses supplier performance issues, including delivery, packaging, and invoicing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support day to day execution of all purchasing/planning activities
- Work closely with Product Management, Commercial Sales, and Global Planning to develop forecast (host weekly calls)
- Troubleshoot process failure modes and implement corrective actions
- Utilize ACE/lean principles to effectively drive continuous improvement
- Support/Lead transfers of work and new product introductions (NPIs)
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities
- Actively participate in S and OP process
- Interface with Operations, Sourcing and Engineering teams as required to achieved key department and plant metrics
- Identify and disposition slow moving or obsolete material
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or other related field
- 3-5 years of experience in purchasing or other supply chain/operations role|
- Must be self-directed and able to manage multiple projects with changing priorities
- Previous experience in purchasing or sourcing role
- Excellent statistical and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in Oracle (or similar) ERP system
- Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
- Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and performing queries in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (e.g. Discoverer and Business Objects), along with data gathering, manipulation, and analysis
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More