Quality Technical Service Manager - West Coast RegionApply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 73247BR Date posted 09/14/2018 City Remote City State California
AREA OF EXPERTISE:
The Technical Service Manager will be responsible for providing technical field support for residential and light commercial HVAC and related products marketed and sold through wholesale distributors in the Southwest region of the United States.
- Providing troubleshooting assistance to dealers and distributors via phone, electronic communication, and job site visits in assigned territory
- Supporting the problem resolution group and other internal customers in gathering and providing data relevant to solving technical issues
- Supporting and implementing corporate policies and objectives including ethics, ACE program, and other quality initiatives.
- Reviewing and analyzing warranty data to identify above average warranty claims patterns and drive quality improvements, warranty ppm reductions, and warranty spend reductions with targeted distributors
- Recruiting, and developing quality distributor technical support staff
- Developing training materials to present at technical meetings and distributor/dealer events
- Tracking and reporting monthly expenses
- Reviewing, negotiating and processing all open disputed distributor warranty claims on a regular basis as established with distribution
- Represent Carrier’s interests as it relates to warranty and distributor agreements
- Other task may be required as assigned including: engagement with warranty administration, development of field solutions and training for emerging warranty issues, and performing distributor audits.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for small to medium projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline
- Makes significant contributions to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
- Works with low to moderate guidance on projects with short-term focus.
- Works with moderate guidance on projects with long term focus.
The territory covered by this position will cover several states in the Southwest region of the United States. The ideal candidate will already reside or be willing to self-relocate to a centrally located city in this territory.
- Proven experience demonstrating excellent conflict resolution, negotiation, and problem solving skills in high pressure and challenging environments
- High level of HVAC knowledge for residential and light commercial products
- 3+ years experience in a quality improvement positions working with warranty data/systems
- 3+ years experience in a position requiring technical presentations
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- Proven examples demonstrating excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Must be willing to travel frequently and sometimes on short notice in support of customer needs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) including the ability to analyze data to identify trends
- Must be a highly motivated self starter, customer focused and willing to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
The ideal candidate will possess a technical degree with the following years of experience:
- Associates degree with 10+ years service experience
- BS degree with 5+ years service experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More