Engineering Controls Intern - FallApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01334081 Date posted 07/11/2019 City Syracuse State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CANTR: Refrigeration-Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
Carrier Transicold & Refrigeration Systems helps improve transport, shipping and stationary temperature control with a complete line of equipment and services for refrigerated and commercial transport, retail display, and food service.
For more than 40 years, Carrier Transicold has been an industry leader, providing customers around the world with the most advanced, energy efficient and environmentally sustainable container refrigeration systems, generator sets, direct-drive, diesel truck units and trailer refrigeration systems, as well as global service and parts.
Carrier Transicold & Refrigeration Systems is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
We are seeking an intern to join our engineering team at our R&D center located in Syracuse, NY for the Fall 2019 semester. Aug/Sept - Dec 2019 timeframe.
The engineering controls intern will support the Trailer and Container Software Quality Assurance activities. There will be a strong focus on test automation development. Participate in test automation efforts, possible use of model-based development and testing methods and an opportunity to work with the real refrigeration system. Testing changes from Product Problem Reports, identifying the changes and the requirements that are to be tested to ensure proper implementation of the problem report.
Education / Certifications
Students entering their sophomore, junior or senior bachelor degree program or entering first year of master’s degree program will be considered. Students pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Candidate should possess strong software skills with a high level language similar to C/C++, Java, or Python.
- Candidate should be familiar with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle and Processes.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including report writing and presenting technical information.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, able to work independently, organized, and able to follow directions well.
- Knowledge and ability to thrive in a fast-paced changing environment is essential for success in this position.
- Experience working with embedded application software.
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Experience using modeling and simulation for control design, testing, and implementation in a laboratory setting.
- This is an Internship position for the Fall 2019 semester (Aug/Sep – Dec 2019).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More