Chiller Lab TechnicianApply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 67884BR Date posted 06/13/2018 City Syracuse State New York
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The primary function will be to set up and conduct tests of large commercial chillers and their components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance. The candidate will work closely with engineers and other lab technicians to test chillers and validate performance. The successful candidate will have solid mechanical and electrical experience and be interested in learning and growing as facilities and product requirements change. This is an exciting environment with exposure to new technology and leading edge processes.
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Use mechanical and electrical skills to set up and teardown, troubleshoot and modify units and data acquisition systems
- Use hands-on techniques to evaluate chiller components, measure intricate mechanical parts, install and operate instrumentation, etc.
- Perform maintenance and housekeeping activities for the Test Labs and support equipment
- Position will include a significant amount of lifting and manual tasks for large water hoses, pipe fittings and large electrical conductors
- Analyze test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications
- Review project instructions and specifications to identify, modify and plan requirements fabrication, assembly and testing
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods
- Adapt new procedures, techniques, and equipment to meet the more complex requirements of the position
- May assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of other employees
- Refrigerant charging and recovery
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More