Plant Finance ManagerApply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 67889BR Date posted 06/13/2018 City Stone Mountain State Georgia
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier Corporation is the world’s largest manufacturer of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment. The available opportunity is a critical role within commercial HVAC manufacturing business (please include a standard Carlyle intro). It requires a self-directed focus on improving production and operations efficiency, and growth through partnering with the plant operations manager and sales manager.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your finance career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, results-oriented operations professional to continue to raise our high bar in manufacturing leadership. We have an excellent opportunity for a plant finance manager located at our Stone Mountain, GA manufacturing facility.
- Provide leadership to the Finance group in staffing, performance management, process maintenance and improvement, productivity, and handling tactical, day-to-day activities and workflow.
- Responsible for developing the finance team’s future outlook and strategy and ensuring it aligns with the greater business objectives. Guides and develops employees to grow in their careers.
- Work closely with plant staff, operations team, corporate finance, and HR team to create annual financial plan & monthly forecast for the plant while ensuring plant stays within cost guidelines throughout year.
- Leads month-end close activities as well as oversees the cost accounting and FP&A functions. Specific job duties include: monthly account reconciliations, annual physical inventory, periodic excess & obsolete analysis, standard cost development, purchase price variance analysis, bill of material accuracy, Labor & Burden variance analysis, weekly financial reporting, monthly forecast process and management of HFM reporting, including monthly reviews with Commercial HVAC senior leadership team.
- Supervision of four salaried finance professionals
- Ensure strong internal controls for compliance with SOX and other regulations
- Utilize the Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) operating system to propose and implement changes to existing processes to streamline and improve overall performance while maintaining cost controls and creating cost effective use of resources
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More