Commercial GM - Pacific CoastApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01287790 Date posted 01/25/2019 City San Leandro State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAC49: CCS-San Leandro, CA 600 McCormick St, San Leandro, CA, 94577 USA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier Commercial Services has an opening for a Commercial General Manager for the Northwest area of West region located in the San Leandro, CA office. This position will have full P&L responsibility for Commercial Service across 6 markets. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to maximize profits, service offerings and organizational efficiency. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the business maintain its strategic competitive position, and develop short and long term strategies and goals in alignment with their regional and national financial goals and objectives. Additional responsibilities include:
- Establishing action plans and sales targets for each market and reviewing progress with local leadership on a regular basis
- Define and collaboratively execute strategies to promote and grow across the defined commercial territory
- Identify and visit key customers and determining our strategy to obtain their business.
- Collaborate across Carrier functions and business divisions in all territories to identify replacement opportunities and upcoming projects with existing customers.
- Ensure active and viable succession planning for position across territory team’s leadership.
- Maintains a keen knowledge and understanding of the Commercial Service HVAC industry, its customers and competitors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of executing advanced selling strategies, marketing techniques and general management.
- Demonstrated ability to establish creative approaches to problem resolution and the ability to influence individuals and organizations to implement change is essential.
- Possess strong analytical and syntheses skills in combination with sound business judgment to build and sustain financial performance and integrity.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, negotiation skills and customer focus.
- Ability to direct and lead effective and efficient performance of field sales operation.
- BA/BS degree with 10+ years relevant experience
- MA/MS degree with 7+ years relevant experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More