Senior Project Manager (NORESCO)Apply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01314580 Date posted 05/02/2019 City Richardson State Texas Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAT16: CCS-Dallas, TX 1901 Glenville Dr, Richardson, TX, 75081 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Our Construction Team
NORESCO’s Construction Group manages the design/build construction activities for large commercial and institutional facilities. Our construction management teams develop the scopes of work, project schedules and budgets, conduct customer meetings, maintain project records, hire and manage subcontractors on the job site. Successful projects take dedication and commitment to customer satisfaction and safety.
Business is booming and as a result we have several openings to support our construction projects in Kentucky. Construction Project Management is performed at the project sites and NORESCO expects project managers to be on-site during the majority of the workweek. We’re looking for Construction Project Managers that have experience working in and around occupied buildings with strengths in MEP systems.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX.
- Develop scopes of work and negotiate the best pricing and terms with subs and vendors
- Interface with customers and select and manage subs to ensure quality control, cost control and adherence to schedule
- Manage bid process, including qualifying subs and subs bids
- Prepare daily construction reports as well as monitor status to ensure the project adheres to the project schedule and expectations
- Provide all necessary input to project accounting system to ensure accurate record keeping for all projects
- Develop safety plans; ensure that all field work is undertaken safely and in compliance with safety plans
- Coordinate on site activities with client and subcontractors
*Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- 7+ years of experience with management of Piping and Airside Mechanical systems, EMS, electrical and lighting construction projects or facility management projects
- Experience with commissioning mechanical DDC systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
- 50% travel
- Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby
- Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl
- This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling.
- Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More