Technical Systems SpecialistApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01271364 Date posted 01/07/2019 City Pittsford State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CALEN: Lenel Systems International 1212 Pittsford - Victor Road, Pittsford, NY, 14534 USA
UTC Fire & Security, a global leader in fire safety and security, makes a real difference in people's lives around the world by helping to keep people and property safe. This includes industry leading brand names such as Lenel and Interlogix in advanced security systems. Lenel is seeking motivated candidates to join our Managed Services team in the role of Technical Systems Specialist (TSS). The Managed Services group provides system evaluation and advisement services for critical life systems of Lenel’s customers. We serve top Fortune 100 companies to provide trusted, innovative, and advanced proactive maintenance and diagnostic services focused on ensuring the OnGuard security system is running at peak performance. The TSS position reports to the Manager of Lenel Managed Services and works directly with the Value Added Reseller and System User, as well as members of various departments within Lenel including but not limited to Technical Support, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Learning Solutions, and Advanced Services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Technical Systems Specialist is responsible for performing system evaluation along with advanced system configuration to assist our OnGuard customer base. The role requires 10% travel. Assignments vary depending on customer requirements and include but are not limited to:
- Acting a primary point of contact for customers and act as their voice within Lenel
- Hosting technical advisement calls and ownership of call agenda
- Provide software and database expertise to customer and VAR project resources
- Provide reporting on system progress and set action items
- OnGuard system design review
- Evaluation of business procedures in regards to “best practices”
- Software database advisement
- Develop system maintenance strategies
- Maintaining and strengthen cross-functional relationships with key internal customers including Technical Support, Engineering, Sales, and Product Management
- Strong technical and customer service skills.
- Mental attitude that “anything” is possible.
- A self- driven individual.
- You have demonstrated success in managing projects.
- Outstanding customer service orientation. Ability to develop strong, long-term customer relationships.
- Excellent presentations skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization.
- 2-year college degree or equivalent combination of documented experience and skills.
- Familiarity with OnGuard security software platform.
- Window Server knowledge or certifications.
- Network planning and design knowledge (or certification).
- VMWare / Server Virtualization.
- SQL or Oracle knowledge (or certification).
- 3+ years security industry experience.
- Strong background in providing technical solutions
- Ability to provide project leadership and manage issues to a successful resolution.
- Proficiency in MSSQL and Oracle database administration.
- Technical project management experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More