Plant Operator (NORESCO)Apply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 74717BR Date posted 10/10/2018 City Philadelphia State Pennsylvania
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a Plant Operator in Philadelphia, PA!
Primary responsibilities include start-up, shutdown, monitoring of operations, preventive maintenance and repairs on two (2) Jenbacher 4,400 kW natural gas or similar reciprocating engines, SCR/oxidation catalyst, controls, generators, and ancillary equipment. Additional responsibilities include keeping a spare parts inventory, maintenance planning/scheduling, record keeping, and reporting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Strong commitment to safety and active participation in safety training
- Performs facility inspections, preventive maintenance, and repairs of plant equipment
- Assists with preventive and corrective maintenance on natural gas reciprocating engines as required
- Coordinates work with facility management, equipment OEM service personnel, NORESCO management, and subcontractors as required
- Monitors and adjusts plant system controls to maximize performance and prevent equipment failure
- Responds to plant alarms to learn appropriate corrective action and execute plant shut-down and start-up procedures
- Maintains plant compliance with state and federal permitting requirements, and completes all daily, monthly, or annual reporting per requirements
- Manages and administers data, records, and log information regarding equipment histories, condition assessments, calibrations, and other work associated with the electrical system, instrumentation and controls into CMMS.
- Create and close CMMS work orders as required
- Maintains an inventory of tools, parts, fluids and other supplies for plant operations
- Orders/purchases materials and supplies as required
- Assists other Company facilities as directed by management
- Performs random security inspections and various security checks around the plant
- Five (5) or more years of operation and maintenance experience on mobile or stationary engine generator sets up to 4,400 kW
- Must possess ability to read and interpret operations and safety manuals, analyze and apply basic troubleshooting and repair techniques on plant equipment
- Must possess various computer skills (Word, Excel, PLC and email systems).
- The ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision is a must.
- The work schedule is 40 hours/week M-F; however, position requires on-call 24/7 on a rotating basis
- Responds to all plant call outs, on assigned days, in case of any emergencies and failures
- Overtime may be required to meet various business needs
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to crouch, bend and kneel for extended periods of time
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma is required
- Technical school degree or certification in electrical, electronics, mechanical engineering, diesel and or gas engine repair or other related degree is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More