Commodity Management & Sourcing, Travel and OfficeApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01368086 Date posted 11/11/2019 City Palm Beach Gardens State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAF77: CCS - CIB 13995 Pasteur Blvd , Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33418 USA
Carrier Corporation is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager in Category Management & Sourcing within Carrier’s supply management organization. The manager will be responsible for supporting a global category of over $100M of spend in travel and office services globally including hotels, airlines, rental cars, office products, printing services, and other support services.
This position will develop and implement sourcing strategies in support of Carrier’s long term strategy, including improving efficiency, reducing risk, and increasing value.
- Provide strategic guidance and travel commodity oversight to maximize business value and results.
- Guide the operational and spend analysis that supports the development and execution of annual sourcing strategies, supplier negotiations, supplier performance management & operational support.
- Negotiate or award contracts within specified spending limits, and develop new qualified sources of supply.
- Partner with internal clients and stakeholders to identify sourcing needs and improve sourcing strategy. Lead frequent meetings, project development, negotiations and execution of key deliverables.
- Analyze suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Develop a strategic plan for a commodity or a strategic supplier.
- Responsible for overall relationship with one or multiple strategic accounts across travel and office services.
- Lead sourcing process from RFQ to contract signature.
- Ensure supplier or commodity is performing to the designed requirements from delivery, quality and cost perspective.
MA/MS degree with 3+ years’ experience (preferred); BA/BS degree with 5+ years’ experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
3+ years’ experience in global supply chain management, or business experience with the travel industry. 1+ years’ leading cross-functional teams. Proven ability to exercise independent business judgment to drive strategy and results. Proven ability to lead a global team to achieve results through leadership & influence. Ability to excel in a dynamic environment. Ability to lead analysis and resolution of complex problems where success requires the evaluation of both tangible and intangible variables.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More