Agile Adoption and Implementation, Sr. ManagerApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01314956 Date posted 05/07/2019 City Palm Beach Gardens State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAF77: CCS - CIB 13995 Pasteur Blvd , Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33418 USA
Agile Adoption and Implementation, Sr. Manager
As part of Carrier Digital transformation, we are looking for a motivated individual to support the transformation of the Digital Organization. This role will help design and implement Agile best practices as well as create and implement the vision of a more nimble, lean workforce. This individual should be able to leverage common frameworks like Inspect and Adapt, Human Centered Design thinking, etc. and infuse those principles into everyday ways of working within and outside the Digital organization.
This role will be responsible for assisting the Transformation Program Lead with the following:
Work with Digital team to groom the Transformation backlog and highlight dependencies and potential blockers
- Provides experience and insights for the Product Manager and team in the creation and ongoing management of the backlog and the creation of Value Streams
- Facilitates effective sprint planning sessions, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives, promoting team ownership for Agile teams until they develop full maturity of Agile processes
- Coach individual teams in all aspects of scrum and Kanban and create a train the trainer program
- Coaches teams to interact in ways that ensure clear communication of product requirements and team commitments
- Coaches continuous improvement and self-organizing behaviors in the team while promoting the use of agile practices
- Reviews progress, issues and risks and teaches the team to conduct problem analysis as well as conflict resolution
- Identify processes and other constraints that inhibit efficiency and assist with the development of new ways of working
- Identifies gaps in knowledge and addresses them through teaching, mentoring, and coaching of best practices across teams
- Supervises delivery team members as they commit to and deliver work
- Benchmark agile maturity
- Builds Communities of Practice
- Communicate the business need, urgency and vision for change
- Track KPIs and metrics for Transformation
- Conduct or source training for executives, managers, development teams
- Promote continuing education
- Capture techniques to build organizational memory
- Benchmark agile maturity
Education / Certifications
Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field with a minimum of 2 to 4 years of Agile and/or Transformation Experience. Agile certifications are a plus.
Knowledge of Agile principles and practices and the ability to transfer that understanding at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be a servant leader and drive Transformation through example
- Understanding of how to apply Agile and other techniques outside of software delivery and DevOps
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to in a large, complex organization
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More