Sr. Electrical EngineerApply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 67818BR Date posted 06/13/2018 City Minneapolis State Minnesota
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries
Det-Tronics is a $150M technologically innovative, projects-based global P&L protecting customers in many challenging environments with high end flame and gas detection products and systems. Det-Tronics is a part of the Fire Security Products business and has a global footprint with manufacturing sites in the U.S. and sales presence in all key geographies.
Det-Tronics, a United Technologies Company, is seeking a highly qualified Sr. Electrical Engineer. This role Provides design excellence for Detector Electronics’ products. Works under broad direction with a minimum of supervision. Must be able to manage electrical design from the inception stages all the way through to production. Plans and executes electronic designs in support of new product development, sustaining, and value engineering efforts to successfully achieve project objectives.
- Apply technical expertise and innovation to implement electronic designs that meet or exceed all customer, marketing, and regulatory requirements.
- Perform computer assisted design (CAD) modeling & simulation of proposed electrical designs
- Generate design schematics using schematic capture application
- Proficient in printed circuit board layout applications and artifacts
- Perform technical evaluations of competitive products
- Solid understanding of marketing Requirements, regulatory standards, and customer use cases
- Identify design alternatives, trade-offs, and areas of risk
- Collaborate with other engineers and functional resources to provide total system solutions that are modular, leverage able, and cost effective
- Integration with software and embedded firmware
- Mechanical–Electrical interfaces
- Validation & verification test (sample preparation and test support)
- Production Manufacturing support
- Root cause analysis on field issues or returned goods
- Support project planning by providing accurate estimates of effort and resources required to successfully implement electronic designs
- Generate supporting documentation over the entire development lifecycle including:
- Design Specifications
- Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Test Reports
- Design Reviews
- Status reviews and customer presentations
- Develop test instrumentation as needed to support production manufacturing test requirements
- Keep abreast of new trends and technology; Evaluate where it can be used in new designs
- Provide technical consultation throughout the company within areas of expertise
- Make presentations to senior management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years’ electronic design experience
- Must have "hands-on" experience with microprocessor design
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Problem solving acumen
- Circuit simulation (PSpice)
- Printed circuit layout experience
- Analog design experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with demonstrated electives focused on microcontroller design
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More