Program ManagerApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01331840 Date posted 07/11/2019 City Minneapolis State Minnesota Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CADMN: FS Kidde Detector 6901 West 110th Street, Minneapolis, MN, 55438 USA
Det-Tronics is a technologically innovative, projects-based global company protecting customers in many challenging high hazard environments with premium flame and gas detection products and systems. Det-Tronics is a part of the Fire & Security Products business and has a global footprint with manufacturing sites in the U.S. and sales presence in all key geographies.
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Project Program Manager
This position is responsible and accountable for the management of customer specific programs to align customer needs with specific Det-Tronics goals and objectives. Building and maintaining both internal and external relationships as a primary point of contact with select program customers is essential in this role. This will include documenting processes and ensuring consistent adherence to achieve intended results of accurate fulfillment, on time delivery, achieving customer satisfaction and business growth.
- Correspond with Customer to ensure proper expectations are set and customer needs are met.
- Maintain and update a database of customer specific part numbers to ensure accurate order processing and proper material delivery from third party suppliers.
- Develop basic understanding of equipment and options to assist customer in identifying a part number based on a technical difference.
- Understand the contractual obligations of the program and ensure that terms are properly attended and any issue or request for deviation is properly reviewed, documented and approved.
- Monitor and manage incoming order pipeline to ensure that material is loaded into forecast to prevent material availability and shipment delays.
- Position has a strong bias for action and continuous process improvement.
- Create and analyze data for reporting overall business performance, open orders and expedite requests.
- Establish priorities for program improvement and drive collaborative process change through the business.
- Review and analyze all commercial aspects of the post-sale business processes and procedures to identify and prioritize maximum improvement potential.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the business to improve critical processes.
- Use ACE tools throughout the business including VSM, Kaizen, Process Maps and RAILs to drive positive change as may be required for program enhancement.
- Train, document and maintain all key program processes.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS degree, MBA a plus Or 5+ years of relevant experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated positive discontent toward the status quo and drive for customer focused process change.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly.
- Strong bias for action with ability to create collaborative change momentum in the area of need.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders to influence others in a diverse and dynamic work environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills, and an open attitude for continuous improvement.
- Must have demonstrated abilities with solid project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience with CRM and ERP systems, JDE proficiency is necessary and SalesForce.Com is preferred
- Strong attention to detail as well as excellent analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Forward thinker that actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Exceptional Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills, SharePoint experience a plus.
- ACE Certification or similar Six Sigma equivalencies.
- Demonstrated experience with CRM and ERP systems, JDE proficiency is preferred
- Travel is planned and as necessary ~<10%.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More