Hardware EngineerApply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 64755BR Date posted 04/13/2018 City Lisle State Illinois
Building automation systems that make sense! Automated Logic is a total energy solutions provider. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. Through our global team of company branches and independently-owned dealers, we offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service that is hard to beat.
The Controls Engineer III - Hardware will be responsible for the complete engineering design of automatic temperature control and energy management systems. Also, the Controls Engineer - Hardware will produce control schematics, wiring diagrams, sequences of operation, schedules, software design and bill of material lists by applying automatic temperature and energy management products in accordance with project specifications. Typical projects include large schools, larger buildings and central plant designs. Additionally, the Controls Engineer III - Hardware will review internal project estimates, contract (mechanical and electrical) plans and coordinate design requirements with field installation team members.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Use company or customer design standards to create project shop drawings per project documentation
- Attend the Sales to Operations Turnover Meeting and accept full responsibility for the project design documents
- Selects materials including DDC modules, field sensing and control devices, dampers and valves to meet the project requirements, specifications, codes and customer standards
- Submit material order forms for all project required materials to the purchasing group, if required
- Completes each assigned project focusing on customer satisfaction and specification compliance while trying to maintain budgetary guidelines. Identify all projects that do not meet the budget and itemize the budget variances
- Assist sales and operations teams in development of scope and budgets by attending site walks, performing site surveys, and developing pre-bid design concepts, DDC hardware and software points lists, and component bill of materials for retrofit, modernization, and integration projects
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More