Test Automation Engineer - Part-timeApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01366327 Date posted 11/08/2019 City Kennesaw State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG10: ALC HQ 1025 Cobb Place Blvd, Kennesaw, GA, 30144 USA
This position requires a highly technical understanding of complex systems.This position will require a person capable of absorbing the '50,000 ft view' of our software, understanding how its different parts interact with one another, and a willingness to dive into the weeds as needed.Being successful will require working and training with various groups in ALC, including but not limited to R&D (Dev and QA), ALC branches, dealers, and tech support.We are looking for a curious, inquisitive, well-rounded engineer capable of learning quickly and with a passion for technology.Projects will vary in technology and difficulty so an enjoyment of learning will serve a successful applicant well.
What you’ll do:
•Spend time with our field installers to understand how our equipment is used and set up
•Do a stint in our Technical Support department to understand the problems we encounter and support
•Be part of the QA team and understand how we test our software and hardware
•Experience software development via enterprise product development, utility creation and maintenance, and test automation
•Put all of these experiences and relationships together as a contributor in R&D that will showcase your well-rounded skill set.
Experience & Qualifications
· A passion for technology and testing
· Strong knowledge of a popular programming language and its paradigms.
· Familiarity with source control management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Comfortable with both collaborative and independent work.
· Assertive and respectful in technical discussions.
· Experience with hardware level diagnostics(probing boards, using volt meters, oscilloscopes etc.).
· Experience with SQL databases.
· Experience with different operating systems, including but not limited to: Windows, Linux, Mac OSx, Android, iOS
· Experience integrating hardware and/or working with low level device protocols.
· Experience with virtual machines
Working towards a Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More