Cooling New Product Development Engineer (AMS)Apply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 66526BR Date posted 05/16/2018 City Indianapolis State Indiana
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The candidate will work alongside other product development engineers with the objective of optimizing component and system performance for split system cooling product. This position will primarily focus on the development of condenser fan systems in the multiple tiers of products.
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following in addition to adhoc assignments as needed:
- Work with internal and external fan and motor designers to optimize designs for application in residential outdoor condenser and heat pumps
- Provide input to model makers to build proto types for validating fit, form, and function
- Provide instructions to test technicians to validate performance of designs and review data for acceptance
- Provide input to designers and manufacturing to ensure designs can be manufactured to meet quality and reliability requirements.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Works autonomously with limited oversight from manager
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals
- Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More