DDC Technician (NORESCO)Apply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 59221BR Date posted 01/12/2018 City Fort Jackson State South Carolina
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a DDC Technician at Fort Jackson, Columbia, SC
As a DDC Technician you will be involved in the following:
- Diagnose and repair complex electronic control system malfunction's requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of control systems software.
- Diagnose and repair valves, actuators, & other non-electronic components of the HVAC control systems.
- Diagnose and repair issues with outdoor LED lighting
- Provide sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
- Communicate with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction. Meet regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keep customer informed on the nature of service provided outstanding issues and recommend system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs.
- Manage assigned work to meet professional execution, of time and customer satisfaction. Report problems or changes to management immediately. Interface with regional manager, project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in a professional manner.
- Adheres to all NORESCO and customer safety standards.
- Provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations.
- Mentor and train mechanical workforce on building automation systems.
- Compile job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training forms, training certificates and punch lists.
- Conduct extensive self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency with various EMS product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More