Assembler - SMTApply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 77950BR Date posted 12/06/2018 City Derry State New Hampshire
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and highperformance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Fire & Security group at UTC Climate, Controls & Security is dedicated to providing product and technology designed to protect people and property from the effects of fire and its related hazards. As the world’s largest manufacturer of fire safety products, the Fire Safety Solutions group meets the safety needs of homes and businesses by providing fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, mechanical locking systems, fire alarm control panels, gas and flame detection, fire suppression systems and mass notification solutions. Notable brands within the group are Kidde, Firex, Badger, Vigilant, Fenwal, DetTronics, Fireye and Edwards.
Incumbent will perform various hand assemblies, component PCB insertion, thruhole and SMT soldering, and machine operating duties while building electrical / mechanical sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
Individual will have assembly responsibilities performing the following tasks:
- Must be able to work from assembly drawings, visual aids, blueprints and other written instructions in performing assigned duties
- Work with wire cutters, screwdrivers, soldering irons, pliers and other hand tools/equipment
- Package, mark or label material as required
- May assist in training of new personnel
- Perform production testing
- Comply with workmanship standards; Strive to meet productivity targets
- Operate various production equipment (pad printer, label maker, wire cutter, etc.)
- Move material as necessary; Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition; Follow all safety rules
- Inspect own work for quality
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6 months as an electronic assembler with current IPC Soldering Certification
- Minimum of 6 months SMT Soldering experience
Individual should possess:
- Good Manual Dexterity
- Soldering; Thru-Hole and SMT
- IPC Soldering Certification
- Component Color-Coding
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- IPC Soldering Certification
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More