Sr. Supplier Quality EngineerApply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 71147BR Date posted 08/10/2018 City Collierville State Tennessee
UTC Climate Controls and Security Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide. UTC Climate Controls and Security Systems is the world's largest provider of building technologies. Its fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Our organization is committed to being a leader in our industry. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to join us in this commitment, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, results oriented individual to continue to raise our high bar in operations standards as our Collierville facility’s senior supplier quality engineer. This position offers high visibility and an excellent pathway to future opportunities.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure the products or services rendered meets or surpasses the required internal quality KPIs and specifications as well as any applicable external and government regulations
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria
- Provide support in the analysis and investigation of faulty supplier products and services as well as driving solution plans to completion by working with a cross functional team including supplier quality, product engineering, sustaining engineering, research engineering, and operations.
- Utilize the Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) operating system to propose and implement changes to existing processes to streamline and improve overall performance while maintaining cost controls, creating cost effective use of resources, and ensuring quality
- Excellent communication skills; candidate must be comfortable providing briefings at all levels of management and effective in utilizing non-verbal communication in interacting with external suppliers
- Ability to influence decisions downstream and upstream
- Solid understanding of lean principles to effectively create, implement and monitor process improvement initiatives
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively lead and team with multiple functional groups to reach a common objective
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office Applications
- Bachelor’s in related discipline required, Master’s preferred
- Quality and/or Lean Certifications a plus
- 5+ years of relevant work experiences
- 3+ years of experience within a unionized, manufacturing environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More