Project Manager (NORESCO)Apply Business Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 76576BR Date posted 11/08/2018 City Bedford State Massachusetts
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Project Manager O&M
Position is to be based at Hanscom Air Force Base, Lexington, MA. The successful candidate will assist with the transition of the new CHP plant from NORESCO’s commissioning and performance testing through handoff to base operations personnel, and provide ongoing NORESCO representation thereafter.
- Support plant operators in the daily operations responsibilities of the cogeneration system
- Provide training for new cogeneration system operators
- Review operations logs and performance data daily to monitor equipment conditions and identify issues with the operation of the system
- Assist in troubleshooting of the cogeneration system to assess equipment conditions and to determine maintenance activities
- Provide limited after hours and weekend system support
- Assist in developing NORESCO’s asset operations and maintenance program and strategy and lead the implementation of the plan
- Maintain effective short and long-term maintenance planning and scheduling
- Liaise with customer personnel, operations personnel within all business units of the company, and coordinate third-party contractors providing direct maintenance support
- Prepare, maintain, and update job plans for planned tasks
- Ensure preventive maintenance services are scheduled in accordance with the accepted intervals and standards and the work is performed in a timely manner
- Identify resources required for planned tasks such as parts, tooling, equipment, materials, and work procedures
- Review information from oil samples, component operating hour data, mechanics reports, operating reports and recommended OEM suppliers’ component replacement guidelines, to propose and schedule component replacement
- Monitor all warranty programs, ensure warranty work is claimed in a timely manner, and all warranty issued are resolved
- Assist in developing critical path plans for major shutdowns in a timely manner. Manage contracted resources and schedules during scheduled and unplanned maintenance work. Coordinate NORESCO managed activities with Owner’s management and shift operations teams
- Participate in regular meetings to review daily and weekly work schedules
- Ensure accurate and necessary data is maintained in the CMMS program
- Work in support of NORESCO O&M management on the development, maintenance and administration of department processes and programs supporting OMRR contracts
A minimum of five (5) years experience in the electric power generating, cogeneration or district energy industries with strong working knowledge of CHP equipment, maintenance planning and CMMS with a minimum of two (2) years in a management role within this experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS Word, Excel, and Project knowledge
- Complex problem analysis, assessment, and remediation ability
- Customer relations experience
- Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby.
- Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl
- This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling
- Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More