Sr Manager, Incident Response CoordinatorApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 30004065 Date posted 03/25/2020 City Atlanta State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG23: DLS VRF- Atlanta 3300 Riverwood Pkwy , Atlanta, GA, 30339 USA
Role Value Proposition:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Global Incident Management, the Incident Response Coordinator will facilitate all cross-team collaboration, communication, and documentation activities related to incident response responsibilities. This role will work with other functions within the Digital Cybersecurity, Legal, Communications, and Executive Management teams.
- Experience with tactical administrative responsibilities required during incident response
- Knowledge of communication imperatives and the ability to provide status updates to technical and management-level team members
- Familiarity with privacy-related laws, including in the U.S., and EU, e.g., GDPR
- Ability to maintain perspective and during crisis-level incidents
- Familiarity with incident response frameworks and adhering to the incident response plan and procedures
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to communicate with all levels of cybersecurity and incident response within the organization.
- Serve as the owner for critical incident response plans and documentation, including periodic updates to key aspects of the plan documentation
- Assist the Assistant Director of Global Incident Management with adhering to the incident response plan and procedures
- Schedule and facilitate key conferences between various levels of technical and executive management groups during incident response procedures
- Document and retain notes, action items and key decisions made during the full lifespan of an incident
- Align resources to various technical and functional teams during an incident
- Maintain and distribute master contact lists for both internal and external resources used during an incident
- Provide Corporate Communications, Legal, and other organization-wide functional teams with technical information related to incident management procedures, as needed
- Assist the security team with non-routine and unforeseen administrative and non-technical activities that arise during and after a cyber incident
- Provide strategic guidance and recommendation on future IR procedures and organizational frameworks
- Execution of IR documentation procedures and an understanding of legal and privacy implications and considerations in a cybersecurity incident
- You will assist clients in privacy-related incident response activities.
- You will act as a liaison between the cybersecurity team and legal to navigate to the complex web of relevant national and international regulations (e.g., EU General Data Protection Regulation).
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong communication skills and be able to prepare and present papers, briefings, and other materials to Carrier Senior Leadership across the enterprise.
- Sound knowledge and awareness of global privacy regulation and requirements (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- 6+ years of industry experience in one or more of the following areas: Data Protection and Privacy, privacy governance, assessment, remediation, policies, procedures, and classification, data retention concepts
- General understanding of incident response procedures, both technical and non-technical required during an active incident
- Strong organization skills necessary to manage and coordinate across multiple teams with varying levels of technical and non-technical understanding of incident response procedures
- Intermediate knowledge and familiarity of incident response security technology
- Intermediate knowledge of various industry-standard cybersecurity frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; advanced degree in management or a related technical field will be a plus.
- Data Protection and Privacy certifications, e.g. CIPP/CIPM or European Privacy Seal (EuroPriSe).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More