Manufacturing AnalystApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01284898 Date posted 01/14/2019 City Ashland State Massachusetts Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAFMA: FS Kidde Fenwal Ashland MA 400 Main Street, Ashland, MA, 01721 USA
Responsible for the control, reporting and analysis of inventory, inclusive of but not limited to, ensuring accuracy of standard cost system, manufacturing and purchase price variance analysis, inventory reconciliation, coordination of physical inventory process, cycle counting, cost accounting budget activities and participating in business team goals / objectives to reduce costs.
- Ensure reliability and accuracy of standard cost system.
- Including the coordination of the annual cost roll
- Review and approve work order variances and institute methods to reduce future variances by working with Production and Manufacturing Engineering
- Report and analyze direct labor productivity
- Perform daily reconciliation of inventory and cost updates on new parts
Month end close process:
- Ensure all entries (direct labor accrual and etc.) are completed and are accurate.
- Provide PPV analysis, identifying and understanding major cost trends
- Provide analysis of manufacturing costs and production related variances.
- Provide support and direction to company cycle count program
- Produce various month end reports and distribute.
- Provide forecast of manufacturing variances based upon trend and knowledge of future events.
Business Team Meetings:
- Participate in group projects designed to yield product cost savings and improve operational efficiency.
- Contribute to annual budget preparation process by providing support to margin determination, variance updates, spending trends, year over year standards change, etc.
- Provide support to Manufacturing organizations to assure that policies and procedures in regards to the control of inventory are adhered to and if necessary develop and institute enhanced procedures.
- Develop and monitor controls on all remote inventory locations
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting.
- Minimum of three to five years experience in a manufacturing environment using a integrated operating system
- Proficient with personal computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Responsible detail oriented individual with solid organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- JD Edwards experience is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More