Rentals HVAC TechnicianApply Business Unit Carrier Job ID 01289534 Date posted 01/30/2019 City Acworth State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG14: CRS-Atlanta 3701 New McEver Road, Acworth, GA, 30101 USA
Carrier Rental Systems provides year-round solutions for temperature control, power generation, or special event needs by renting and selling HVAC equipment during emergency breakdowns, planned outages, equipment retrofits, and plant expansions.
Carrier Rental Systems is seeking an experienced, energetic, customer-focused individual to join the organization as a Technician to support our Acworth, GA Depot.
- Service, troubleshoot, and clean heating and cooling equipment and related products. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Air-cooled and water-cooled systems from 10 tons to 1,000 tons
- Hot water boilers up to 200 hp
- Various sizes of air conditioners, pumps, air handlers, cooling towers, spot coolers, electric and gas heaters
- Maintain, service, and set up rental systems
- Maintain accurate field service reports including refrigerant tracking logs and time keeping logs
- Use power tools, hand tools, and other mechanical equipment to service and repair rental systems as needed
- Operate equipment including vehicles and forklifts
- Load and unload trucks
- Communicate in a professional manner with coworkers, subcontractors, and customers
- Perform other duties as needed including general maintenance, cleaning, lifting, organizing, and general inventory counts to support the business
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s Degree or HVAC technical certification preferred
- 3+ years of Commercial HVAC experience; Rentals experience preferred
- Proficiency in servicing, troubleshooting, and cleaning heating and cooling equipment and related products
- Proficiency with Windows operating system, MS Outlook, and Internet Explorer or other web browsers
- Ability to obtain and maintain EPA Universal license within 60 days of hire
- EPA 608 Universal certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain and maintain Forklift Certification
- Must be able to lift and manipulate objects up to 50 pounds
- Must adhere to all EH&S policies and standards
- Ability to work on-call and/or overtime as required to support the business
- Travel requirement: 10% (domestic and international)
Work is performed in a variety of environmental conditions with exposure to outdoor temperature variations, noise, vibrations, gas or fumes, grease, cleaning solvents, degreasing agents, machinery and its moving parts, odors, and dust particles.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
New UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings
Designed to provide visitors a new way to interact with current and emerging building technologies, the new UTC Center for Intelligent Buildings will also serve as the global corporate headquarters for Carrier, a $17 billion business with approximately 55,000 employees worldwide.More
A burning desire for training and development.
It’s not just our people’s growth we invest in – as our donations to the Farmington and Avon fire departments show.More
Training that makes headlines.
Find out what Forbes had to say about our Employee Scholar Program.More